(With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)
1. The only input you want on the family new car is: not the color, not the warranty, not the gas mileage, just where the bike rack fits.
2. The bath towel draped over the back of your car's passenger seat never completely dries
3. Family holidays are chosen for locations, where just by some wacky coincidence, there's a pool, spin class and miles of woodland trails to run or, again just by chance, an IM race to compete in.
4. You feel guilty, an off day really, if you only get in 2500 yards in the pool.
5. Your bike is worth more than your car. In some cases, double!
6. When someone sees your apartment for the first time, they remark that it looks like the Ironman gift shop.
7. Your spouse tells you that if the person she's sleeping with doesn't smell like chlorine, she's in the wrong place
8. When your daughter tells you her college graduation date, you ask if there's a make up date as the local Olympic distance race is the same weekend.
9. Overheard at a party, "I'm not worried about my husband having an affair, he might miss a workout."
10. Each time you dress following a workout you do it as quickly as possible pretending it to be just one more transition zone. Or you find yourself on Sunday in church timing the priest’s homily split.
11. Your vehicle's interior fairly closely resembles the sale rack at the local tri store.
12. Even after you have one of those quilts made from old race shirts for your kid, there's still 100+ t-shirts in your dresser
13. As you head down a congested corridor to business meeting, you have the nearly uncontrollable urge to shout "On your left!"
14. You find yourself in conversation employing only and 10K in the same context.